To empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose
Recognized leader providing best quality outcomes for individuals served in areas of housing, employment, community integration, health promotion, recovery and crisis prevention
Since 1961, AID has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma and those at risk.
AID SERVICE AREA
Operating in the greater Fox Valley area and other western suburban counties, AID is a leading provider of services that address the unique needs of individuals throughout every stage of their lives.
AID PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Services provided to individuals with Developmental Disabilities include Community Living and Home Based Support.
Enhance and maintain independence in community living by focusing on community integration, volunteer opportunities, skill training and community employment.
Employment Specialists assist clients seeking jobs by providing necessary skills and guidance. The goal is to assure a good job match for employers and clients.
SPECIAL WAYS TO SUPPORT AID
On November 3, 2020 Illinois voters will have the opportunity to vote on the “Fair Tax” amendment. This amendment taxes wealthy individuals (the top 3%) on income over a quarter-million dollars a year—while the remaining 97% of tax filers receive a tax cut or pay no more than their current rate. The result of the passage of this amendment will raise more than $3 billion a year to invest in schools and human service organizations like AID.