- All group services provided by AID staff will be suspended as of 3/18/2020 (i.e. mental health groups, Community Day Services)
- All AID locations will be closed to the general public as of 3/18/2020.
- Any AID BH client who has an appointment (psychiatric or therapy) and wishes to reschedule their appointment or arrange to receive remote services via phone or other means should call 630-966-4302.
- Any client or persons seeking services who is feeling stressed and overwhelmed should be encouraged to call the AID Crisis Line of the Fox Valley at 630-966-9393.
- All Day Programs (Thompson Center-Aurora, O’Shea Center-Elgin, the Batavia Center, Yorkville Center, all STARS Locations and the Keeler Center-Aurora) are closed until at least August 31st.
AID Telehealth Services
Behavioral Health interventions and psychiatry services are integral to successful recovery plans. Individuals can lead more fulfilling lives and participate in and contribute to their communities. Individuals experience barriers to treatment such as living in rural areas with little transportation opportunity or living with acute symptoms that create severe anxiety and stress and hinder recovery program participation.
Telehealth services can reach these individuals and facilitate access to remote psychiatric care and counseling. COVID 19 introduced a new barrier to service that has made telehealth services a vital component of treatment and recovery.
Access Telehealth Services today by dialing (877) 243-0001 or e-mail info@AIDcares.org
AID would like to recognize the Fox Valley Grantmakers COVID-19 Response Fund for the generous donation of $12,400 to help AID continue to provide important programs and services to our community.
The fund was launched last month and is the collaborative work of Aurora Women’s Empowerment Foundation (AWEF), Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley (CFFRV), Dunham Fund (DF), Fox Valley United Way (FVUW), and INC Board.
AID PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Services provided to individuals with Developmental Disabilities include Community Living and Home Based Support.
Enhance and maintain independence in community living by focusing on community integration, volunteer opportunities, skill training and community employment.
Employment Specialists assist clients seeking jobs by providing necessary skills and guidance. The goal is to assure a good job match for employers and clients.